Los Angeles News
'Octomom' doctor's hearing to reinstate license delayed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An effort by Dr. Michael Kamrava, the fertility doctor who treat octuplets mother Nadya Suleman, to reinstate his medical license has been delayed.
Kamrava's hearing planned for Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court was rescheduled to Dec. 15.
The California Medical Board revoked Kamrava's license in July after they found him to be grossly negligent in the care of three patients, including Suleman.
Kamrava said he didn't deserve the penalty and blames negative media coverage. He plans to ask the court to reconsider the board's decision to revoke his license.
Regardless of what the court decides, the decision to reinstate his license will ultimately be up to the board.
Suleman gave birth to her octuplets on Jan. 26, 2009, and all have survived.
Suleman initially told the media she had been implanted with six embryos and two of them split, resulting in her octuplets, However, medical records discussed during Kamrava's licensing hearing revealed she had been implanted with 12 embryos.
The number of implanted embryos was six times the norm for a woman her age, and the resulting pregnancy could have been deadly or damaging for Suleman and her babies.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- 'Sexting' case at IE schools nets teen arrest
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police 34 min ago
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
40 min ago