Woman eats 5 lbs of turkey, wins Wild Turkey contest
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The first-ever Wild Turkey Eating World Championship was held in New York City on Tuesday.
Seven participants scarfed down as much turkey as they could, with Sonya Thomas coming out on top of the competition.
Thomas ate 5 pounds of turkey in 10 minutes, winning her $1,500.
Bourbon maker Wild Turkey organized the event and donated dozens of birds to a New York City food bank.
charity, holiday, new york, bizarre news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 31 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74 17 min ago
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Ex-'DWTS' contestants predict new winner
22 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
27 min ago