Woman eats 5 lbs of turkey, wins Wild Turkey contest
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The first-ever Wild Turkey Eating World Championship was held in New York City on Tuesday.
Seven participants scarfed down as much turkey as they could, with Sonya Thomas coming out on top of the competition.
Thomas ate 5 pounds of turkey in 10 minutes, winning her $1,500.
Bourbon maker Wild Turkey organized the event and donated dozens of birds to a New York City food bank.
charity, holiday, new york, bizarre news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'