Woman eats 5 lbs of turkey, wins Wild Turkey contest
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The first-ever Wild Turkey Eating World Championship was held in New York City on Tuesday.
Seven participants scarfed down as much turkey as they could, with Sonya Thomas coming out on top of the competition.
Thomas ate 5 pounds of turkey in 10 minutes, winning her $1,500.
Bourbon maker Wild Turkey organized the event and donated dozens of birds to a New York City food bank.
charity, holiday, new york, bizarre news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected 53 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role