Orange County News
None burned in Huntington Beach explosion
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thanksgiving boat trip in Huntington Harbor ended with a disastrous explosion.
Nine people who were onboard are fortunate to be alive.
According to the Orange County Register, eight passengers suffered broken bones, cuts and bruises, but no one was burned.
The Orange County Sheriff's Harbor Patrol said the 24-foot power boat had just launched Saturday when it began sputtering. Moments later, there was an explosion.
Four of the passengers were blasted into the water. One was sent through the windshield.
Officials said it might have been caused by a fuel leak.
explosion, orange county news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 24 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 30 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 6 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 30 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book