Orange County News
None burned in Huntington Beach explosion
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Thanksgiving boat trip in Huntington Harbor ended with a disastrous explosion.
Nine people who were onboard are fortunate to be alive.
According to the Orange County Register, eight passengers suffered broken bones, cuts and bruises, but no one was burned.
The Orange County Sheriff's Harbor Patrol said the 24-foot power boat had just launched Saturday when it began sputtering. Moments later, there was an explosion.
Four of the passengers were blasted into the water. One was sent through the windshield.
Officials said it might have been caused by a fuel leak.
explosion, orange county news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder 5 min ago
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke