In Your Community
$80,000 donation to Spark of Love Toy Drive thanks to your 'likes'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Over the last few weeks, we challenged our viewers to encourage family and friends to 'like' ABC7 on Facebook, as each click equaled a $1 donation to the Spark of Love Toy Drive. 80,000 of you did just that, and that means $80,000 is being donated, with the help of our partners.
THANK YOU! The awesome support of folks in Southern California means so much to those of us at ABC7, the firefighters and of course the kids.
We set out this holiday season with an original goal of 70,000 likes, but we reached that mark early, on Sunday, Dec. 18. Rather than quit, we extended the challenge and asked for another 10,000 likes in the final week before Christmas. And once again, our viewers came through and achieved the goal early.
As of Wednesday night, over 80,000 people have 'liked' ABC7 on Facebook, and you can too. Our Facebook page is an excellent source for breaking news, weather updates, and conversation.
For 19 years, ABC7 and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the Spark of Love Toy Drive. This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the underserved children in our communities.
Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, Spark of Love collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and we want to top that total this year, so please help the firefighters ignite a spark of love in a child's heart!
spark of love toy drive, in your community
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 42 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 15 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 21 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 23 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks