'Geezer Bandit' may be wearing mask purchased from Van Nuys shop
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police may have a lead on the so-called "Geezer Bandit" wanted for robbing 16 banks in the state over the past two years.
Surveillance pictures suggest the robber is an older white male, but the FBI is working on a theory that he may be a man or a woman in an elaborate mask made by the company Spfx Masks in Van Nuys.
Authorities recently served search warrants on Spfx Masks to find out who purchased the mask believed to be the one worn by the bandit.
Spfx Masks made the mask Freddy Kruger wears in the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies.
The company said others have used their masks for illegal purposes.
bank robbery, california, california news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys 57 min ago
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody 36 min ago
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away 19 min ago
- 3 arrested for stealing gas from Fontana station
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial 25 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- 'Hangover 3' completes trilogy back in Vegas
45 min ago