In Your Community
Stuff-A-Bus at Anaheim Honda Center supports toy drive
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Here's your chance to make the holidays special for less-fortunate children. Join us on the last leg of our Spark of Love Toy Drive.
Residents helped ABC7's resident elf Garth Kemp Stuff-A-Bus full of toys at the Honda Center in Anaheim, bringing new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment for children.
The Friday event, which ends at 6:30 p.m., is our last Stuff-A-Bus drive of 2011.
Area residents woke up bright and early and brought loads of toys for the cause. The event drew residents of all ages from across the Southland.
Our friends at the Flightdeck Air Combat Center brought toy planes and other goodies. Health insurance company Aetna also dropped by with toys as well as a check for $5,000 to support the cause.
Also among the generous donors was Ben's Asphalt. Their crew hauled in a truck full of toys they've been collecting all season.
Teachers from Guinn Elementary School also joined in the effort by donating soccer balls, stuffed animials and dolls.
Need a little push to donate? Our friends at Disney on Ice are offering a free voucher to one of their shows for those who bring an unwrapped toy to Friday's event.
Plus, when you 'Like' ABC7 on Facebook, $1 will be donated to the Spark of Love Toy Drive, thanks to our partners. They have committed to matching every like on the ABC7 Facebook page with a dollar donation. Our friends on Facebook have already led to nearly $61,000 in donations. If you already like us on Facebook, encourage your friends to join you!
You can also text "ABC7" to 80100 to donate $5 to the Spark of Love Toy Drive. The donation will appear on your mobile phone bill.
For 19 years, ABC7 and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the Spark of Love Toy Drive. This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the under served children in our communities.
Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, Spark of Love collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and we want to top that total this year, so please help the firefighter's ignite a spark of love in a child's heart.
spark of love toy drive, stuff a bus, garth the elf, benefit, charity, san bernardino county, in your community, garth kemp
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 43 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break