Biggest Texas Longhorn horns found in Australia
QUEENSLAND, Australia (KABC) -- The world's biggest set of Texas Longhorn horns aren't actually found anywhere in Texas. Instead, the record-setter resides down under.
The longest set in the world span almost three meters, which is nearly 10 feet or as long as a small car.
The 7-year-old beast is part of the largest herd of Texas Longhorns in Australia. All are direct descendants of the great herd of Longhorn cattle that roamed the Texas trails in the late 1800s.
animal news, bizarre news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 59 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 32 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 38 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 40 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks