Save Money / Consumer News
Minis recalled due to faulty water pump
PORTLAND, Ore. (KABC) -- BMW of North America announced a recall of almost 89,000 Mini vehicles Monday.
BMW of North America is voluntarily recalling the vehicles due to a water-pump malfunction, according to the company. The water pump that cools the turbocharger on some of the car has a potential fire hazard in its circuit board, the company announced in a regulatory filing.
No injuries or accidents have been reported.
The company will replace the pumps at no charge to owners.
The recall applies to 2007-2011 models of the Mini Cooper S, 2008-2011 Cooper S Clubman, 2009-2011 Cooper S Convertible and 2011 Cooper S Countryman. It also includes the 2009-2011 models of the Mini JCW, JCW Clubman and JCW Convertible.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
recall, save money / consumer news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero' 12 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour