Los Angeles News
Rowland Hts mom gets death penalty for murdering family
ROWLAND HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman was sentenced to death for the murder of her husband and their two sons. The victims' family members are against the death penalty.
Nearly four and a half years after killing her husband and their two young sons, 32-year-old Manling Tsang Williams was sentenced to death. She looked down at the floor with her long hair covering her face as the judge sent her to death row.
It was in August 2007 when the Rowland Heights mother used a samurai sword to stab her husband more than 90 times. She used a pillow to suffocate her sons, Devon, 7, and younger brother Ian. 3. All three were asleep when they were killed.
According to L.A. County Sheriff's investigators, the motive was that Williams wanted to be with another man who was encouraging her to get a divorce.
Before the judge sentenced Williams, her sister, Shuling Tsang, spoke on her behalf. She said both families did not want the death penalty. Tsang said it's like a cancer. After two death-penalty hearings, it's like two rounds of chemotherapy.
Judge Robert Martinez called the death penalty a hypothetical sentence because the state hasn't executed anyone in a long time.
Manling Tsang Williams is the 20th woman to sit on death row in California.
los angeles news, sid garcia
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 53 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 11 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 39 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder 57 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 47 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months