LA man allegedly smoked pot on JetBlue flight
NEWARK, N.J. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles man faces drug charges after he allegedly smoked pot on a JetBlue flight to New Jersey on Monday.
Authorities said 43-year-old Adam Blumenkranz dropped a bag on the plane that the flight attendant believed to be marijuana. She handed it back to him and planned to speak to authorities after landing.
During the flight, Blumenkranz went to the bathroom, and when he emerged, there was a strong smell of marijuana, according to the crew.
Airport police say Blumenkranz claimed it was for medicinal purposes.
Blumenkranz has been charged with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia. He was ordered to appear in court in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by Jan. 27.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airline, airplane, airport news, medical marijuana, marijuana, national news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 12 min ago
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis' 41 min ago
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate