LA man allegedly smoked pot on JetBlue flight
NEWARK, N.J. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles man faces drug charges after he allegedly smoked pot on a JetBlue flight to New Jersey on Monday.
Authorities said 43-year-old Adam Blumenkranz dropped a bag on the plane that the flight attendant believed to be marijuana. She handed it back to him and planned to speak to authorities after landing.
During the flight, Blumenkranz went to the bathroom, and when he emerged, there was a strong smell of marijuana, according to the crew.
Airport police say Blumenkranz claimed it was for medicinal purposes.
Blumenkranz has been charged with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia. He was ordered to appear in court in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by Jan. 27.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airline, airplane, airport news, medical marijuana, marijuana, national news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 57 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 27 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
39 min ago