Los Angeles News
Lincoln Heights murders of woman, teen are unrelated, LAPD says
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The murders of a Lincoln Heights woman and a teenager, whose bodies were found off the sides of freeways in separate incidents, do not appear to be linked, Los Angeles police said Tuesday.
Los Angeles Police Department Robbery-Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a woman believed by family members to be Bree'ana Guzman, 22, who was found dead on a Glendale Freeway offramp Jan. 26.
The LAPD's Hollenbeck-area homicide detectives are handling the murder of 17-year-old Michelle Lozano, whose body was found dumped along Interstate 5 on April 25, 2011.
Detectives have been comparing notes and said that at this time they do not believe the two cases are related.
Police also said they have looked into reports by community members saying that several males in a white van have tried kidnapping young women from the street. Detectives said these reports have not been corroborated and are likely fanned by social networking sites.
There are also sketches of a possible suspect circulating. Police said they have not released any sketches of a suspect.
Anyone with information on these cases is urged to contact the LAPD at (800) 222-8477.
body found, silver lake, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP 14 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement 8 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes 4 min ago
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 32 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present