House explosion kills husband, 2 sons, of missing mom
GRAHAM, Wash. (KABC) -- An explosion at a Washington state home has killed Josh Powell, the husband of a missing Utah woman, and their two young sons, the Associated Press reported Sunday.
Graham Fire and Rescue Chief Gary Franz said the blast occurred moments after the two boys were dropped off at Powell's home by a Child Protective Services worker. The worker said Powell blocked her from entering the home after allowing the two boys in.
The social worker called supervisors to report that she smelled gas. Shortly after, the home exploded.
Powell's lawyer Jeffrey Bassett said he received a three-word e-mail from his client just minutes prior that read, "I'm sorry, goodbye." Bassett said he didn't see the message until two hours later, when others informed him of the blast. He said he knew Josh was upset after being ordered to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation, but did not see this coming.
Powell is the husband of Susan Powell, a Utah woman who has been missing since 2009.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut