Power outages affect thousands in Huntington Beach, Fontana
HUNGTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A power outage left thousands of Southern California residents in the dark Tuesday night.
Southern California Edison said about 21,000 customers in Huntington Beach lost power around 7:45 p.m. when a local substation failed. The exact cause of the outage was under investigation.
It was expected to take until at least 10 p.m. for all power to be restored.
About 15,000 homes in Fontana, which is in San Bernardino County, also lost power for a little over an hour. SCE said that outage was caused by a metallic balloon that landed in a substation.
power outage, local
- Colo. shooter targeted teacher, says sheriff 2 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 52 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo meningitis reported 33 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'