Los Angeles News
DUI suspect hurt in Cerritos deputy-involved shooting
CERRITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man suspected of driving under the influence is in stable condition after a deputy-involved shooting in Cerritos Sunday night.
The shooting occurred around 7:35 p.m. near the intersection of Judy Way and Cuesta Drive.
Sheriff's deputies said the suspect led them on a reckless pursuit after they tried to pull him over. The circumstances leading up to the shooting were not immediately released.
The suspect was transported to a local hospital. No deputies were injured.
The shooting remains under investigation.
pursuit, shooting, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 16 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 17 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants