Los Angeles News
Washington High School band director arrested for sex with teen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles Unified School District teacher has been arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 17-year-old female student.
Police say Corey Hogan, 32, was taken into custody Monday after the girl told officers she had consensual sex with him one time at his Hawthorne apartment in September.
Hogan is the band director at George Washington Preparatory High School. The girl told police she befriended Hogan while on the dance team at Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter High School. Her school uses Washington High's campus for practice and competitions.
Hogan was booked on suspicion of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. He was released Tuesday after posting bail.
los angeles news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 7 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings 19 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis