Inland Empire News
San Bernardino officer fatally shoots man armed with gun
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino police officers shot and killed a man who was allegedly armed with a gun, according to authorities.
The incident happened around 7:45 p.m. Wednesday. It started with a traffic stop at 16th Street and Arrowhead Avenue.
Authorities said two officers wrestled 23-year-old Anthony Gilmore Jr. to the ground when he tried to run away while they were questioning him.
One of the officers noticed a semi-automatic handgun on the ground next to Gilmore. Officials said Gilmore grabbed the weapon and put it under his body.
The officer shot Gilmore, fearing that the suspect was going to shoot him or his partner.
Gilmore later died at the hospital. The officers weren't seriously injured.
The shooting remains under investigation.
officer-involved shooting, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants