Dixie Carter an inspiration for Annie Potts in 'GCB'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TV veteran Annie Potts revels in her latest role of Texas socialite Gigi Stopper in ABC's "GCB".
The Kentucky native loves playing a feisty Southern woman who's all about style.
"The last series I did, I literally would roll up in my sweat clothes," Potts said. "That had its merits, but I must say I do like getting all dressed up and being fit to kill."
Potts said she didn't have to look too far for inspiration for Gigi. The character pays homage to her former "Designing Women" co-star and good friend, the late Dixie Carter.
"I'm much more of a tomboy. Dixie really was this lady, always had her pearls on, stockings, she was always beautifully groomed, and she did it with such ease," Potts said. "It seemed impossible. And of course, she was so funny."
Potts remembers the words Carter would always give her when she had trouble with a scene.
"It's like, 'Just do it like Dixie,'" Potts said. "She has been with me every moment of shooting this, and of course, that is my great, great honor to have her beside me because we spent so many years together like that."
The show also stars Jennifer Aspen, Miriam Shor, Brad Beyer and Mark Deklin.
abc, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 33 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians