Los Angeles News
South Gate high-speed pursuit ends in So. LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed pursuit that spanned nearly four cities ended peacefully in South Los Angeles on Friday night.
The chase began in South Gate around 10:30 p.m. with police chasing a suspect in a small sedan. Sparks flew from underneath the vehicle, apparently as the suspect drove on the tire rims.
The suspect raced through Compton, Lynwood and Athens, sometimes driving on the wrong side of the street, evading police cruisers.
Police finally chased the suspect into an alley in Athens, where he stopped and gave up. No one was hurt. The driver will face several charges.
pursuit, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour