Los Angeles News
Teacher at George de La Torre Jr. Elementary School accused of sex abuse
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Another Los Angeles Unified School District teacher is being investigated for allegedly inappropriately touching at least one student.
LAUSD spokesman Tom Waldman said the accused teacher works at George de La Torre Junior Elementary School in Wilmington.
Waldman said the teacher, whose identity was not released, has been removed from the classroom, but has not been fired. The teacher has not been arrested.
District officials will meet with parents Monday morning, Waldman said.
sex crimes, lausd, los angeles news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 1 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NSA poll reverses Bush-era division 2 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy