ABC7 Traffic Center
405 Freeway closures planned for this weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Road crews will close parts of the 405 Freeway in the area of the Mulholland Bridge this weekend during overnight hours.
The ramp closures may begin as early as at 7 p.m., and the freeway lanes will begin to close as early as 11 p.m. Full freeway closure will be between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
Crews are building a new bridge over the freeway at Mulholland Drive. It's part of a massive widening project that will add carpool and exit lanes to the 50-year-old freeway.
Northbound lanes will be closed from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Boulevard on Friday, starting at 11 p.m. Southbound lanes will be closed from the 101 Freeway to Getty Center Drive on Saturday, starting at 11 p.m.
Sepulveda Boulevard will be open during the construction, but it's down to one lane in each direction in many places.
Last weekend's storm pushed the closures back to this weekend.
road closure, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut