ABC7 Traffic Center
405 Freeway closures planned for this weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Road crews will close parts of the 405 Freeway in the area of the Mulholland Bridge this weekend during overnight hours.
The ramp closures may begin as early as at 7 p.m., and the freeway lanes will begin to close as early as 11 p.m. Full freeway closure will be between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
Crews are building a new bridge over the freeway at Mulholland Drive. It's part of a massive widening project that will add carpool and exit lanes to the 50-year-old freeway.
Northbound lanes will be closed from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Boulevard on Friday, starting at 11 p.m. Southbound lanes will be closed from the 101 Freeway to Getty Center Drive on Saturday, starting at 11 p.m.
Sepulveda Boulevard will be open during the construction, but it's down to one lane in each direction in many places.
Last weekend's storm pushed the closures back to this weekend.
road closure, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 29 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour