ABC7 Traffic Center
405 Freeway closures planned for this weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Road crews will close parts of the 405 Freeway in the area of the Mulholland Bridge this weekend during overnight hours.
The ramp closures may begin as early as at 7 p.m., and the freeway lanes will begin to close as early as 11 p.m. Full freeway closure will be between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
Crews are building a new bridge over the freeway at Mulholland Drive. It's part of a massive widening project that will add carpool and exit lanes to the 50-year-old freeway.
Northbound lanes will be closed from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Boulevard on Friday, starting at 11 p.m. Southbound lanes will be closed from the 101 Freeway to Getty Center Drive on Saturday, starting at 11 p.m.
Sepulveda Boulevard will be open during the construction, but it's down to one lane in each direction in many places.
Last weekend's storm pushed the closures back to this weekend.
road closure, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 35 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 48 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry