ABC7 Traffic Center
405 Freeway closures planned for this weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Road crews will close parts of the 405 Freeway in the area of the Mulholland Bridge this weekend during overnight hours.
The ramp closures may begin as early as at 7 p.m., and the freeway lanes will begin to close as early as 11 p.m. Full freeway closure will be between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m.
Crews are building a new bridge over the freeway at Mulholland Drive. It's part of a massive widening project that will add carpool and exit lanes to the 50-year-old freeway.
Northbound lanes will be closed from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Boulevard on Friday, starting at 11 p.m. Southbound lanes will be closed from the 101 Freeway to Getty Center Drive on Saturday, starting at 11 p.m.
Sepulveda Boulevard will be open during the construction, but it's down to one lane in each direction in many places.
Last weekend's storm pushed the closures back to this weekend.
road closure, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 46 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 8 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 9 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 7 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 48 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...