'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence learned archery from expert Khatuna Lorig
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence picked up the bow and arrow skills she needed for the movie from one of the world's best archers, Khatuna Lorig.
Lorig took time out from competing in the 2012 Arizona Cup to go see the movie. The pair worked together 15 times. The goal was to make sure the archery scenes looked as authentic as possible.
"It was a little hard for me, like, 'Oh my gosh, I'm working with a star.' But she made it easy. She has a very good personality," said Lorig.
Lorig and other archers hope the movie helps increase the popularity of the sport.
Junior archers make up USA Archery's fastest growing segment. Schools, like Arizona State University and University of Arizona, field their own teams.
movie news, celebrity, entertainment
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 3 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 4 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)