Los Angeles News
Movie posters worth $450K stolen; SF Valley man arrested
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A San Fernando Valley man may end up in prison for stealing movie posters, including some for "The Hunger Games."
Christian Eric Stevens is charged with snagging more than 3,000 movie posters from bus stops to sell them online. Officials say the posters, worth an estimated $450,000, were stolen between June 3, 2011 and March 27, 2012.
He pleaded not guilty to grand theft on Thursday.
Police say they purchased a poster from the 36-year-old before discovering a trove of others in his home.
If convicted, Stevens could get five years in prison.
arrest, los angeles news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 49 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews