Ventura County News
Santa Paula police chief placed on administrative leave
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (KABC) -- After seven years as Santa Paula police chief, Steve MacKinnon was placed on administrative leave Tuesday.
According to the Ventura County Star, City Manager Jaime Fontes only cited a personal matter as the reason for placing MacKinnon on leave, but would not offer any other comment on the decision. Fontes also said he did not know how long the investigation into MacKinnon would take.
Santa Paula mayor and former police chief Bob Gonzales, whom MacKinnon succeeded, said he and the city council are waiting for the investigation into MacKinnon to conclude.
Ish Cordero, a Santa Paula police sergeant, will act as interim chief, the Ventura County Star reported.
ventura county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area 22 min ago
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
28 min ago