Los Angeles News
American Airlines plane with engine problems lands at LAX
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- An American Airlines plane with reported engine trouble landed safely at LAX on Monday morning.
Flight 246 travelling from Kona, Hawaii, was carrying 147 people on board, including crew members. No injuries were reported.
An airline spokesman said the plane's left engine started having trouble about an hour before it was scheduled to land and the engine was shut down. FAA inspectors will work with the airline to repair the problem before the plane flies again.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airplane, airport news, los angeles international airport, los angeles news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 2 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested