Orange County News
Man pushing stalled car hit, killed in Anaheim
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A young man pushing a stalled car across the street was struck and killed by a pickup truck in Anaheim on Tuesday night.
The victim was moving the car with another man and a woman around 8:15 p.m. on Cerritos Avenue near Dale Street.
The two men were pushing the vehicle when the driver of a pickup truck rear-ended the car. One man was able to jump out of the way, but the other one could not get free. He later died at a hospital.
The woman, who was steering the stalled vehicle from inside, was hospitalized in critical condition.
The driver of the truck was not immediately arrested or cited. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
car crash, orange county news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 52 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 32 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 3 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks