Ventura County News
Ventura County car thefts suspect caught
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in a string of car thefts in Ventura County is behind bars after police tracked him down at a Camarillo hotel.
Ventura detectives were investigating several similar stolen vehicle cases in April and identified 32-year-old Travis Threadgill as a likely suspect. On April 20, detectives spotted him driving one of the stolen cars on the east end of Ventura. Threadgill led officers in a pursuit, crashed the stolen car in Montalvo and fled on foot. He was able to evade capture.
As the investigation continued, authorities were able to connect even more stolen car cases to Threadgill. Friday, detectives tracked him down at a hotel on the 900 block of West Ventura Boulevard in Camarillo. He tried to run again - this time, even jumping from a second-story window. However, officers and K-9 units found him hiding in an ivy plant inside of a barbed wire fenced yard in the 1000 block of West Ventura Boulevard.
Threadgill was arrested and booked into Ventura County Jail for possession of a stolen vehicle, felony evading, resisting arrest, hit and run, possession for sales of methamphetamine and violation of parole.
robbery, ventura county news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments