Los Angeles News
Barbershop shooting in South LA kills 1; suspects sought
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One person was killed and another was injured after a shooting at a barbershop in South Los Angeles.
The shooting happened just before 7:30 p.m. Saturday in front of Magic Shears Barbershop near Crenshaw Boulevard and 74th Street. According to witnesses, the barber confronted two suspects outside the shop.
During the confrontation, one of the suspects pulled out a gun and shot the owner in his stomach. He was hospitalized in critical condition. A customer was shot in the head and died at the scene. Authorities identified the man who was killed as 46-year-old Trammel Walker.
The suspects ran away from the scene. Police hope surveillance video from nearby businesses will lead to an arrest.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles Police Department at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 48 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features 15 min ago
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'