Inland Empire News
Fontana girl shot dead at park during 16th birthday party
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 16-year-old girl who was shot and killed while celebrating her 16th birthday at a Fontana park.
Police found Ashley Caldera's body in Northgate Park on Saturday night, following reports of gunfire. Authorities said someone opened fire on Caldera and a group of friends.
Sunday night, loved ones returned to the park to remember the teenager.
"I want the person that did this put in jail, because they took my baby's life and I wouldn't want anybody to go through this," said Caldera's mother, Lorraine Valdez.
Police said the shooters were not acquainted with the group. The motive was under investigation.
Witnesses said the suspects were male. No arrests have been made.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary 25 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown 2 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?