Ventura County News
Woman found stabbed to death in Simi Valley
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way on Friday after a woman was found stabbed to death in a home in Simi Valley.
Authorities say a friend found the victim, identified as a 65-year-old Janice Somple, just before 8 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of Carmen Drive. The retired teacher had been stabbed multiple times, according to police.
Simi Valley Police Sgt. Craig Dungan said there is no motive or suspects at this time.
Simi Valley is considered to be one of the safest cities in America. Residents in the area were shaken up to hear news of the murder.
"I've grown up and lived in this neighborhood my whole life. It's just tragedy. Nothing like this has happened before," said Joe Crum of Simi Valley.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6969.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, ventura county news, leo stallworth
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 17 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 20 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis