Ventura County News
Simi Valley stabbing murder victim likely targeted
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- The stabbing murder of a retired teacher in Simi Valley may not have been a random killing, police say.
Janice Somple, 65, was found stabbed to death in her home on Thursday night. Her body was discovered by a friend, who reported the crime to police. Authorities interviewed that friend and determined he was not involved in the incident.
After finishing their on-scene investigation, detectives said they found evidence that indicates Somple was deliberately targeted, and that the investigation is taking them out of Simi Valley.
The killing has shaken up Simi Valley, considered one of the safest cities in the country.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to call the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6969.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, ventura county news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments