Ventura County News
Simi Valley stabbing murder victim likely targeted
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- The stabbing murder of a retired teacher in Simi Valley may not have been a random killing, police say.
Janice Somple, 65, was found stabbed to death in her home on Thursday night. Her body was discovered by a friend, who reported the crime to police. Authorities interviewed that friend and determined he was not involved in the incident.
After finishing their on-scene investigation, detectives said they found evidence that indicates Somple was deliberately targeted, and that the investigation is taking them out of Simi Valley.
The killing has shaken up Simi Valley, considered one of the safest cities in the country.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to call the Simi Valley Police Department at (805) 583-6969.
homicide investigation, murder, stabbing, ventura county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 1 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 14 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 39 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)