Amanda Bynes charged with misdemeanor DUI
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Amanda Bynes has been charged with misdemeanor DUI after investigators say she crashed into a sheriff's patrol car in West Hollywood two months ago.
Officials say the 26-year-old "What I Like About You" actress rear-ended the vehicle in the early morning hours of April 6.
The DUI charge includes an allegation that Bynes refused the officer's request to submit to a chemical test. Because of her refusal, authorities may suspend her driver's license for a year.
Bynes is set to be arraigned Wednesday but is not required to appear in person.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'