Amanda Bynes charged with misdemeanor DUI
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Amanda Bynes has been charged with misdemeanor DUI after investigators say she crashed into a sheriff's patrol car in West Hollywood two months ago.
Officials say the 26-year-old "What I Like About You" actress rear-ended the vehicle in the early morning hours of April 6.
The DUI charge includes an allegation that Bynes refused the officer's request to submit to a chemical test. Because of her refusal, authorities may suspend her driver's license for a year.
Bynes is set to be arraigned Wednesday but is not required to appear in person.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 19 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 27 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 27 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Cockfighting ring busted in Riverside County
9 min ago
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
55 min ago