Amanda Bynes charged with misdemeanor DUI
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Amanda Bynes has been charged with misdemeanor DUI after investigators say she crashed into a sheriff's patrol car in West Hollywood two months ago.
Officials say the 26-year-old "What I Like About You" actress rear-ended the vehicle in the early morning hours of April 6.
The DUI charge includes an allegation that Bynes refused the officer's request to submit to a chemical test. Because of her refusal, authorities may suspend her driver's license for a year.
Bynes is set to be arraigned Wednesday but is not required to appear in person.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, arrest, dui, entertainment
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area 1 min ago
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors