Los Angeles News
Man shot in head in front of El Monte home
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are searching for as many as two suspects in connection to the death of a man shot in the head in front of his El Monte home Saturday.
Investigators said the incident started as a physical fight between the victim and one or two suspects just before noon at an apartment building in the 5200 block of Tyler Avenue. Apparently the suspects left, came back some time later and shot the man in the head. The victim was taken to the hospital where he died of his injury.
"We know that the suspect was involved in some kind of a dispute earlier in the day," said Lt. Matt Burson of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "We are vigorously following up on that information."
The owner of the apartment building where the shooting took place said there was a party held at the home Friday night, but it was unknown whether it was related to the shooting.
A suspect was described as a Hispanic man who was last seen fleeing north on Tyler Avenue.
Anyone with information was asked to call investigators at (626) 285-7171.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, carlos granda
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 15 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 33 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says