Los Angeles News
Man shot in head in front of El Monte home
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are searching for as many as two suspects in connection to the death of a man shot in the head in front of his El Monte home Saturday.
Investigators said the incident started as a physical fight between the victim and one or two suspects just before noon at an apartment building in the 5200 block of Tyler Avenue. Apparently the suspects left, came back some time later and shot the man in the head. The victim was taken to the hospital where he died of his injury.
"We know that the suspect was involved in some kind of a dispute earlier in the day," said Lt. Matt Burson of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "We are vigorously following up on that information."
The owner of the apartment building where the shooting took place said there was a party held at the home Friday night, but it was unknown whether it was related to the shooting.
A suspect was described as a Hispanic man who was last seen fleeing north on Tyler Avenue.
Anyone with information was asked to call investigators at (626) 285-7171.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 8 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 39 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who pranked NFL coaches arrested by LAPD 27 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy 13 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke