Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights taco truck crash: no plea yet for suspected DUI driver
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspected drunk driver accused in a deadly crash at the end of a pursuit appeared in court Tuesday.
Elba Jimenez, 37, of Upland, is facing two counts of murder, driving under the influence and other charges. Jimenez did not enter a plea. Her arraignment was postponed.
Police said she was fleeing California Highway Patrol officers Saturday night when she ran a red light and crashed into a crowd at a taco truck in Boyle Heights, killing two people.
Jimenez is being held on $2 million bail.
car chase, car crash, pursuit, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest 54 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears 30 min ago
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies 3 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report