Woman bullied on school bus by students in New York
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (KABC) -- Another case of bullying on a school bus has gone viral on the Internet. But this time, it involves middle school students taunting an adult bus monitor.
The bullying has draw international outrage and an outpouring of support for Karen Klein.
In the video, the children are heard saying:
"Look at all this flab right here."
"Dude put the glasses back on I can't stand to look at your face."
The taunting continued for 10 minutes. The four middle school students in suburban Rochester, N.Y., teased Klein so mercilessly, she cried.
"I tried to ignore them out, that's why I didn't hear some of the stuff because I was trying to shut them out," said Klein.
The father of one of the children in the video is very upset.
"My heart broke. I couldn't believe my son could treat another human being like that," said Robert Helms.
The online posting drew outraged comments. An online fund was started to raise $5,000 to send Klein on a vacation. But so far, it's swelled to $272,000 and counting.
Klein also got a surprise on CNN Thursday when Anderson Cooper told her that Southwest Airlines is going to fly her and nine other people of her choice to Disneyland for three nights, all expenses paid.
The school district is investigating and the four boys will face disciplinary action.
Meanwhile, police in the Rochester suburb of Greece say they've stepped up patrols near the houses of the four students. They have received several threats since the video went viral.
ABC News and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Emails show AEG exec called Jackson a 'freak' 8 min ago
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised