Los Angeles News
Beverly Hills mansion catches fire, injures 1
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The former Beverly Hills mansion of a reality TV star caught fire Friday night, injuring one firefighter.
Crews were called to the French chateau-style mansion in a gated community around 6:30 p.m. at 50 Beverly Park Way, just south of Mulholland Drive. The home was reportedly formerly owned by Lisa Vanderpump, a cast member of Bravo's "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."
When firefighters arrived, moderate smoke was seen coming from the attic of the 15,000 square-foot mansion."Larger attic spaces like we see in commercial buildings that this mimicked are very difficult for us to extinguish. High ceilings make access very difficult for firefighters," said Los Angeles Fire Dep. Chief Mario Rueda.
The fire quickly spread and by 7 p.m. Los Angeles City Fire and Beverly Hills Fire joined forces to battle the blaze. The home does have a sprinkler system and is not a total loss, but the fire, smoke and water damage is extensive. There was no word on a damage estimate.
In all, it took 120 firefighters to put out the blaze. The cause of the fire remains under investigation, although firefighters say it may have been started by workers who were performing labor on a deck.
The injured firefighter was hit on the head with a beam, according to Erik Scott of the Los Angeles Fire Department. He was taken to a hospital in stable condition. Rueda says the injury did not appear to be serious.
Vanderpump's former home recently sold for $18.8 million and features 10 bathrooms, enviable closet space, a gym and a resort-style swimming pool. According to property records, the home is now owned by a corporation.
The City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, celebrity, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son