Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks restaurant worker shot, killed during fight
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for suspects behind a shooting that left a man dead outside a Sherman Oaks restaurant.
The shooting happened at the Hoagies & Wings restaurant at Ventura Boulevard and Vesper Avenue at around 11 p.m. Friday.
Police say the victim, identified as 38-year-old Raul Lopez, was an employee who was shot and killed after he argued with a group of five customers. Investigators said they do not believe Lopez knew the men.
According to a witness, Lopez used a chair to try to force the men out of the restaurant. Investigators say Lopez was shot once in the chest. He was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:02 a.m.
Witnesses told police the suspects fled the scene in a dark-colored SUV.
The gunman was described as a black man in his late 20s or early 30s with a skinny build and short hair, about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
If you have any information about this shooting, you're asked to call Van Nuys homicide detectives at (818) 374-9500.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 33 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 6 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 47 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge 38 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's powerful healing effects on wounded... 18 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors 51 min ago
- Cool Kid fixes up batting cages for community
23 min ago