Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks restaurant worker shot, killed during fight
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for suspects behind a shooting that left a man dead outside a Sherman Oaks restaurant.
The shooting happened at the Hoagies & Wings restaurant at Ventura Boulevard and Vesper Avenue at around 11 p.m. Friday.
Police say the victim, identified as 38-year-old Raul Lopez, was an employee who was shot and killed after he argued with a group of five customers. Investigators said they do not believe Lopez knew the men.
According to a witness, Lopez used a chair to try to force the men out of the restaurant. Investigators say Lopez was shot once in the chest. He was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:02 a.m.
Witnesses told police the suspects fled the scene in a dark-colored SUV.
The gunman was described as a black man in his late 20s or early 30s with a skinny build and short hair, about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
If you have any information about this shooting, you're asked to call Van Nuys homicide detectives at (818) 374-9500.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, los angeles news
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven 1 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list