Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks restaurant worker shot, killed during fight
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for suspects behind a shooting that left a man dead outside a Sherman Oaks restaurant.
The shooting happened at the Hoagies & Wings restaurant at Ventura Boulevard and Vesper Avenue at around 11 p.m. Friday.
Police say the victim, identified as 38-year-old Raul Lopez, was an employee who was shot and killed after he argued with a group of five customers. Investigators said they do not believe Lopez knew the men.
According to a witness, Lopez used a chair to try to force the men out of the restaurant. Investigators say Lopez was shot once in the chest. He was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:02 a.m.
Witnesses told police the suspects fled the scene in a dark-colored SUV.
The gunman was described as a black man in his late 20s or early 30s with a skinny build and short hair, about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
If you have any information about this shooting, you're asked to call Van Nuys homicide detectives at (818) 374-9500.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, los angeles news
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 9 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, demand $15 an hour 47 min ago
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 32 min ago
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer 5 min ago
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer
- Pet of the Week: Female Corgi mix named Brie
45 min ago