Leah Cecil, former ABC7 'Cool Kid,' wins Miss California
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old harpist from Orange County is the new Miss California.
Leah Cecil of Garden Grove won the title Saturday night in Fresno. Cecil will represent California at the Miss America competition in January.
The California State University, Fullerton graduate plans to get a master's degree and teach music.
In 2007, Cecil was featured as one of Eyewitness News' "Cool Kids" for her efforts to raise money for a group that provides therapeutic harp music to adults and kids. She is also a former competitor on the ABC show "Wipeout."
- Body found near East Los Angeles College 20 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 58 min ago
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist 21 min ago
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes 40 min ago
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'