Leah Cecil, former ABC7 'Cool Kid,' wins Miss California
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old harpist from Orange County is the new Miss California.
Leah Cecil of Garden Grove won the title Saturday night in Fresno. Cecil will represent California at the Miss America competition in January.
The California State University, Fullerton graduate plans to get a master's degree and teach music.
In 2007, Cecil was featured as one of Eyewitness News' "Cool Kids" for her efforts to raise money for a group that provides therapeutic harp music to adults and kids. She is also a former competitor on the ABC show "Wipeout."
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 49 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)