Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights head-on collision kills driver
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One person was killed in a head-on collision in Boyle Heights late Sunday night.
The crash happened on the Sixth Street bridge over the 10 Freeway. Police said a car was speeding when it crossed into oncoming traffic and crashed with another car just before midnight.
The speeding driver was ejected from the car and died at the scene. The driver of the other car was not seriously injured, but neighbors who came to his aid say he was pretty shaken up.
"He had a big gash and so we tied the shirt around his arm, and I was just holding on to his hand," said one neighbor.
The driver was taken to the hospital, but he is expected to be OK.
car crash, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 19 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 52 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 2 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour