Robbers Fire near Sacramento destroys house, threatening more
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- A fast moving wildfire is closing in on a community northeast of Sacramento, and one home has already been destroyed.
Sunday morning, flames threatened another 170 houses near the communities of Yankee Jim and Iowa Hill. The so-called Robbers Fire has evacuated about 300 people living near Placer County in the community of Colfax.
The fire started on Wednesday and has since scorched three square miles. Currently, it's about 20 percent contained.
Officials are worried the fire could jump the American River and endanger Foresthill, a community of about 1,500 people.
Nine firefighters have been hurt fighting this fire.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 50 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 27 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler