Los Angeles News
LA City Council approves 400+ new parking meters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There will soon be a lot fewer free parking spaces in Los Angeles.
The City Council has just approved more than 400 new meters. The meters will go up in Palms near the 10 Freeway and in Westchester near the Los Angeles International Airport.
The idea is to keep drivers from parking all day in the same spots. The new meters will mean more than $250,000 for the city each year.
This comes just weeks after the council voted to increase the fines for many parking tickets in the city.
los angeles news
- UK theater collapse: 20-40 injuries reported 5 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 51 min ago