Los Angeles News
LA City Council approves 400+ new parking meters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There will soon be a lot fewer free parking spaces in Los Angeles.
The City Council has just approved more than 400 new meters. The meters will go up in Palms near the 10 Freeway and in Westchester near the Los Angeles International Airport.
The idea is to keep drivers from parking all day in the same spots. The new meters will mean more than $250,000 for the city each year.
This comes just weeks after the council voted to increase the fines for many parking tickets in the city.
los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)