Los Angeles News
2 killed in crash on I-10, I-710 connector in Alhambra
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were killed early Tuesday morning in a single-vehicle crash on the connector road linking the westbound 10 Freeway and the southbound 710 Freeway in Alhambra.
The crash was reported around 1:10 a.m. California Highway Patrol officials said the driver failed to negotiate a turn on the HOV lane and the SUV went over the side of the roadway, landing about 100 feet below.
A male sitting in the right front seat and a male sitting in the right rear seat died from their injuries, authorities said.
"It's a combination of speed with the mixing of alcohol. The driver is going to be under investigation for possibly driving impaired," said Sgt. Bill Preciado of the California Highway Patrol.
The female driver suffered a broken arm. She was taken to a hospital and will be booked for vehicular manslaughter. Another passenger was also taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
It was not immediately known how fast the SUV was traveling.
car crash, los angeles news, subha ravindhran
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 34 min ago
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer 44 min ago
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics 29 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Photos: 'Modern Family' home selling for $2.35M
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)