Los Angeles News
Woman found murdered in Long Beach; police seek boyfriend
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the murder of a young mother at a mobile home park in Long Beach.
The body of Eleonora Rivera Hidalgo, 22, was found shot to death around 10:30 p.m. Saturday inside a parked car outside a home in the 6400 block of Atlantic Avenue that she shared with her boyfriend, 24-year-old Marcos Gustavo Zermeno.
Witnesses told police she had been arguing with her boyfriend inside the car before they heard a gunshot. Police said Zermeno, a documented gang member, was seen trying to steal an occupied car and ended up jumping a wall.
Police were trying to track down Zermeno. He was described as 5-foot-6, 170 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He has a tattoo on his neck that reads "Eleonora" and another on his right shoulder depicting a collage of skulls.
The couple shared three children, ages 2, 6 and 7, who were being cared for by relatives.
"She was a happy girl, she loved her kids," said Elizabeth Perez, the victim's sister-in-law. "She was a good mom, a great mom."
Anyone with information on the shooting or Zermeno's whereabouts was asked to call Long Beach police at (562) 435-6711.
murder, long beach, los angeles news, amy powell
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing 5 min ago
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 59 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Website brings history of Los Angeles to life
36 min ago