Los Angeles News
Venice Beach zip line plans move forward
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Plans for a zip line at Venice Beach are flying right along. The Board of Public works has approved a permit for the attraction.
The 700-foot zip line would operate as a three-month pilot project. It still needs approval from the California Coastal Commission.
Some residents are against it, citing noise and traffic problems. Supporters say the attraction could bring in much-needed revenue.
venice beach, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 48 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 22 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour