Los Angeles News
Woman's body found naked near Dumpsters in Pacoima
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman was found naked and left for dead near Dumpsters in Pacoima on Monday, and police are searching for clues in her death.
The woman, a Hispanic in her 20s, was found near the Dumpsters at the San Fernando Gardens housing complex just after 2 a.m. Los Angeles Police Detective Pat Barron said the Los Angeles Fire Department received a call about a woman in respiratory distress. By the time paramedics arrived at the scene, the woman was dead.
Witnesses described a gruesome scene.
"It seemed like she was beaten up because she had a lot of bruising. You could see her bruises, and she was literally turning purple," said neighbor Norma Buenostro.
Police also said they've had run-ins with the woman before, but they wouldn't elaborate how.
By late Monday morning, the coroner had removed the woman's body and an autopsy was under way. Barron said it is unknown if the woman was a victim of foul play. A cause of death has not yet been determined.
Meantime, a makeshift memorial to the woman was set up by friends and neighbors.
"I mean the way she was just dropped there, it's horrible," said Buenostro.
Anyone with information should call Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
body found, los angeles news, q mccray
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 12 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 35 min ago
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour