Missing boy's body recovered in Yosemite National Park
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of 6-year-old Jacob Adams was recovered from the Merced River in Yosemite National Park Thursday, Park Service officials announced.
An extensive search for Adams' body was launched last Wednesday when he and his brother Andres Adams were swept downstream as they waded into the river.
Andres was pulled from the river shortly afterward. Efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Yosemite Park rangers located Jacob's body approximately 50 yards downstream from the Vernal Fall Footbridge. Fluctuating water levels in the Merced River, changing weather conditions, and treacherous terrain contributed to a difficult and challenging search, according to the Park Service.
missing person, california news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker 30 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale