Los Angeles News
Driver arrested for fatal 710 Freeway crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A driver critically injured in a crash on the 710 Freeway in Lynwood has been arrested while still in the hospital.
The California Highway Patrol identified the driver as a 26-year-old woman. She was driving north on the 710 Freeway on Monday with her four children when the collision occurred.
Authorities say a black Honda SUV lost control for unknown reasons, went off the side of the roadway, flew over a fence and slammed into a tree.
Two of children, girls ages 4 and 6, died at the scene. Their 6- and 8-year-old brothers remain in the hospital, one in critical condition.
Investigators say excessive speed may have been a factor.
accident, arrest, los angeles news
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 33 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons