Los Angeles News
Driver arrested for fatal 710 Freeway crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A driver critically injured in a crash on the 710 Freeway in Lynwood has been arrested while still in the hospital.
The California Highway Patrol identified the driver as a 26-year-old woman. She was driving north on the 710 Freeway on Monday with her four children when the collision occurred.
Authorities say a black Honda SUV lost control for unknown reasons, went off the side of the roadway, flew over a fence and slammed into a tree.
Two of children, girls ages 4 and 6, died at the scene. Their 6- and 8-year-old brothers remain in the hospital, one in critical condition.
Investigators say excessive speed may have been a factor.
accident, arrest, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis