Los Angeles News
Driver arrested for fatal 710 Freeway crash
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A driver critically injured in a crash on the 710 Freeway in Lynwood has been arrested while still in the hospital.
The California Highway Patrol identified the driver as a 26-year-old woman. She was driving north on the 710 Freeway on Monday with her four children when the collision occurred.
Authorities say a black Honda SUV lost control for unknown reasons, went off the side of the roadway, flew over a fence and slammed into a tree.
Two of children, girls ages 4 and 6, died at the scene. Their 6- and 8-year-old brothers remain in the hospital, one in critical condition.
Investigators say excessive speed may have been a factor.
accident, arrest, los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 41 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 21 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 24 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals 31 min ago
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour