World's tallest dog: Great Dane stands 7'4"
OTSEGO, Mich. (KABC) -- The world's tallest dog stands 7 feet 4 inches tall and resides in Otsego, Mich., according to the Guinness World Records 2013 book published Thursday.
The Great Dane named Zeus is only 3 years old and measures 44 inches from foot to shoulder. He's just an inch taller than the previous record holder, Giant George.
Zeus weighs 155 pounds and eats a 30-pound bag of food every two weeks. His owner, Denise Doorlag, says she had to get a van to be able to transport Zeus.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, unbelievable, bizarre news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 11 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 58 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months