Inland Empire News
Mega Millions jackpot winner comes forward, meets public
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- The local winner of the California Lottery Mega Millions jackpot met the public Friday at a San Bernardino news conference.
"It hasn't sunk in yet," said Ronald Willis at the news conference.
Rialto resident Ronald Willis is now a multimillionaire. He's the winner of Tuesday's $120-million California Lottery Mega Millions jackpot.
Willis didn't want to reveal too much about himself other than he works in sales. He introduced some of his family and his fiancée, Yolanda Mangum.
Willis said he hasn't figured out what he's going to do first when he receives his first check in four to six weeks.
He bought his winning ticket at a 7-Eleven store in Riverside on Tuesday, September 11. He said he normally buys his lottery tickets in Rialto. He checked his tickets Tuesday night and realized he had won.
"I was calm, sat down and just thought about it," said Willis. "I was just thinking about it, I was like, 'Wow, this is really happening.'"
"That was just part of his weekly routine," said Mangum. "I knew he was always going to 7-Eleven to play the Lotto tickets."
Willis has 60 days to decide if he wants the annual payment of just over $4 million a year for the next 26 years, or the lump sum of $92.1 million.
lottery, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 14 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 1 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 42 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 1 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 31 min ago
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...