Lindsay Lohan NYC accident video released
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Surveillance video was released by New York police that apparently shows Lindsay Lohan clipping a man with her car.
The NYPD released grainy footage of the incident. The black-and-white video shows Lohan's Porsche as it turns from a Manhattan street into an alley around 12:20 a.m. Wednesday as a man, identified as Jose Rodriguez, passes in front of the car. The 34-year-old restaurant worker was apparently struck. He stays on his feet and walks after the car as it drives way.
Rodriguez called 911 and was taken to a hospital with a knee injury. He said he was coming from his job at the nearby Maritime Hotel when he was struck by the car.
The actress, who went inside a nearby club in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood after the incident, was arrested when she came out. The 26-year-old was arrested on charges of leaving the scene of an accident and causing injury.
She was given a ticket and was scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 23.
Lohan's publicist Steve Honig said he was confident the claims being made against his client would show to be untrue.
This latest incident is one of a string of car accidents involving the "Mean Girl" actress.
In June, Lohan rear-ended a large dump truck on Pacific Coast Highway while she was on her way to the set of a Lifetime special about the life of Elizabeth Taylor. The actress and her assistant were sent to the hospital, but no one was seriously injured. That accident remains under investigation.
In May, she was cleared of allegations that she struck a Hollywood nightclub manager with her car.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace from a Venice jewelry store without permission last year. She's not required to check in with a judge or probation officer, but she could face a jail term if she is re-arrested.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
new york, accident, car crash, celebrity, entertainment
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 6 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video