Los Angeles News
Rose Parade will feature live wedding for 1st time
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- People attending the Rose Parade may want to bring a wedding gift.
Farmers Insurance says one lucky couple will win the chance to get married aboard a float in the annual parade in Pasadena. Farmers' 54th entry will be themed "The Love Float."
The company began a nationwide contest to find a couple interested in saying "I do" during the parade. Interested couples can enter by submitting their stories on the Farmers Insurance Facebook page by Oct. 14.
A panel of judges will select up to four finalists, and then the public will choose the winning couple. The company said the winner will be announced before Thanksgiving.
It will be the first time in the parade's 124-year history that a wedding will take place live.
The contest winners will get a trip to Pasadena for themselves and up to six witnesses, a wedding dress, a tuxedo, wedding rings, hair and makeup for the bride, marriage license fees, two tickets to the Rose Bowl game and a national advertisement opportunity featuring a photo from your wedding day.
"Across the country there are thousands of couples deserving of a history making wedding experience," says Michael Linton, enterprise chief marketing officer for Farmers Insurance. "The 'Love Float' is a chance for Farmers Insurance to honor a great American love story."
los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)